9.01.2006

Sometimes you just need the coffee

I need to start remembering not to drink so much on a school night ... or work night, whatevs. Shea and Kyle came over last night and we did cheese (havarti w/ dill, garlic & herb cheddar, and muenster) and summer sausage and slightly burnt bruschetta (okay, so I kept forgetting it in the oven) for dinner. Christen really wanted to do a wine and cheese night. It was actually pretty good, and we had about 1 1/2 bottles of wine between 3 of us (Kyle had thoe Bacardi fruit drinks). Later we went to The Zone and hung out with my favorite bartender ... I'm going to be so sad when that place finally catches on... I love the hole-in-the-wall bar feel, and it's going to end up being dance club loudness. I understand what they're trying to do, and I don't begrudge them trying to succeed, but I've never found a bar that I would actually go to on a regular basis, and that I would enjoy just hanging out at. It makes me understand some of my Tampa friends that are always going out to some of the small bars. It's so nice! But we had a couple glasses of wine there too -- a "super Tuscan" which was okay, a little weird at the end, and an Argentinian merlot which was fantastic (and I've never had a Merlot that I like)





But it was indeed too much of the drink, and I was a little tipsy, and Shea-Shea was more than pleasantly tipsy ... I had to keep getting her water because she kept getting the hiccups. So fun! But we really need to hold off on weeknights, I'm telling you. We were out until about 11:30, and then Christen and I had a little romp in the hay, so I didn't get to sleep until 1am ... and up at 6:30. Technically I should have been up earlier, but it wasn't happening. I stopped at Starbucks for a raspberry mocha, and dragged my butt into work. I'm fully awake now, but I still don't want to be here :) It's raining, and I want to be cozy in bed watching a movie or reading next to Christen.

Instead I'll be here at work nursing my Starbucks and counting the hours.

5 comments:

LBA said...

MmMmm.. I love the whole wine/cheese/hole-in-the-wall thang .. so cosy, so special.

And yes, it's inevitable they'll try to pull the crowds by appealing to the lowest common denominator .. and no, you can't blame them for wanting to be able to pay the rent .. but ... but ...

On to the next hole in the wall you go ...

Here from michele's

Anonymous said...

Hi from Michele's....
Despite the fatigue, sounds like you had a fun night.
And I'm so jealous of your Starbucks...my fav coffee and a great way to wake up. Enjoy your weekend.

Prego said...

I didn't know men drank those Baccardi fruit things. I'll be damned.

Good luck nursing the hangover. While you were at Starbucks getting your fix, you should have gotten one of those little Pellegrino water bottles. Those take the edge off.

Ryon said...

I gave up drinking completely. It just caused too many issue for me. Plus, it was not fun enough to spend all that money only to pee it out in a few hours time. Oh well...

Now I just have a Lortab habit that is getting out of control. You think four doctors with a different 'script from each may alert the DEA? *fingers crossed*

NPR Junky said...

VG, I really hope you're kidding. Drugs are bad! And I sell them for a living! I know.

A romp in the hay! I love it, FP. That just put a much needed smile on my face as I sit here with a flight delay to Chicago that could possibly keep me here all night long.