6.28.2005

the thin red line.

I burnt my arm. I maintain that it's Christen's fault; I had to iron his shirt this morning. It's not that he's inept at such things, but he was whining more than normal on the state of the wrinkles -- I thought it might be easier to simply do it for him once he had tried and failed. I usually leave him to his own devices. Alas, my poor burned arm (although of course it's really not that bad, just an itchy red line).
They've taken away overtime at work now. I'm restricted to strict 8-5 hours. Looks like I'll be getting some sleep now! But I really enjoyed that extra umph on my paycheck twice a month, and it's so much easier to get work done when there's no one here. I've decided if they are taking it away then I'm going to start taking my breaks too, so now I'm going to start blogging on my breaks. So congrats! You'll hear from me more! I can't technically "blog" from work, but I can email myself what I want to say and post it at night, which works. It makes me happy. And we want April happy.
Last night I went to a karaoke bar for a girl from work's birthday. It was much fun, I'll tell you. I drug Christen too, (not to say I drugged him but I made him come with) and I think he had fun too although he didn't know very many people. It's okay; I didn't know many people either. There were many terrible singers and a few good ones (that includes the ones in our group) but we stayed late and it was entirely too difficult to get up this morning because of it. The "other April" sang Angel by Sarah McLaughlin, and she was great. I made her sing, and I think I'll be making her sing a lot more now. Hehehehe.
Countdown to my birthday -- 7 days!

No comments: