10.27.2006

I want a shoehorn, the kind with teeth ...

For some reason I woke up singing that song. Maybe I should be one for Halloween. Think I can get it together for tonight's party?

I think the house is finally ready for the party. Last night I made gobs of sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins and bats and cats, and orange mini-cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting (I didn't feel like making the cupcakes on my own too, so those were just cake mix with gel foodcoloring) and roasted pumpkin seeds and white chocolate ghosts and milk chocolate pumpkins (I bough chocolate molds, people). Woohoo! I have to admit, Christen did quite a bit of the cookie baking, because I was beat by 10. My feet hurt and I was in a bad mood and I just didn't have it in me to stay up. I curled up on the couch and Christen took my jeans and washed them so I could be comfortable at work today (God bless casual Fridays). I still haven't dug out my costume to make sure everything's there, but I'm pretty sure it should be okay -- the only thing I might be missing would be the lacing for my corset, but I think I have black leather strapping in with my sewing supplies that I can use if I'm missing it. I'm not going to worry. Christen put spiderwebs all over the house on Wednesday, and hopefully he washes Lola so she's not smelly :) I think he still has to get his costume together, so I'm not going to burden him with anything else. He got the prizes for me for the costume contest, and that's good. I'll try to remember to take pictures!

2 comments:

NPR Junky said...

Um, what party is this and why wasn't I extended an invite?

aprilbapryll said...

Wish you could have been there! I didn't know if you'd want to, you know, fly down for the occasion :)