7.05.2005

Commemoration

So while I'm waiting for Christen's arrival home, I figure I can commemorate my birthday with an honest to god post instead of the mini blurbs I've been gracing you with. At least while my downloads finish :)

First things first, though: Jamie, my blog still isn't acting right but I've figured out that it's only with Firefox that I have difficulties; if I open in Explorer there's no problem. For the time being I've decided not to worry about it and just let people scroll if they use Firefox -- hell, I use Firefox and I scroll. But if someone wants to troubleshoot it that won't bother me either. Eventually I'll look into it. I don't think I'll put the old pics up just because I don't want to go through the trouble of looking them up again, but I'll continue putting new ones up now that I know that wasn't the cause.

My birthday has been pretty good so far; I think this is the first time I have worked on my birthday in I don't know how long, but it wasn't too bad. The girls took me out to lunch and gave me a chocolate cake and a big balloon and the waiter even gave me a pair of earrings for my birthday! He said that some woman had tipped him with the earrings and he really didn't know what to do with them since he wouldn't wear woman's earrings anyhow, so he gave them to me for a birthday present! They're kinda cute; I'm not sure they're earrings that I would normally wear but they might be cute on, I don't know.
Christen gave me my present yesterday; I knew what it was anyhow because I didn't really give him any inkling that I wanted anything else, but I'm happy that he got it for me:


I got a precious little green iPod mini. Last night I spent downloading music for it, so I now have a wonderful 133 songs on it and counting! Christen's parents gave me a couple gift cards and a pretty necklace and my dad stuck a card under my back door for me -- I love that I live close enough for him to do that! I'm going to my mom's house tomorrow or Thursday and out with his parents on Saturday. Tonight Christen is taking me out to dinner, though he won't tell me where.

My wonderful friend and ex-roomie Brad celebrates his 21st birthday today as well, so I called him this afternoon after lunch to wish him a happy birthday and to hear about his exploits with tequila last night. We're going out drinking on Friday, woohoo! And Saturday afternoon I'm treating him to a tour of the Yuengling factory in Tampa.

So it'll be a week of birthday shenanigans! Wish me luck; hope I survive the hoopla!

No comments: