3.27.2006

One thousand million tons of bananas.

Monday, bloody Monday -- I think that my weekends have to be good as overcompensation of terrible weeks. It was one of those weeks where I kept getting serious injury after serious injury at work: pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, golf carts, lost pregnancies ... I was so happy to be out of work when Friday came about. But .... my weekend was a blast (again ... hehe).

Saturday I had yoga for only the second time since I started -- Other April and I took 2 weeks off after our first class for drinking/vacation reasons. It was so much better than the first time. We did more stretch yoga, like pigeon pose (let me tell you how much I love "doing the uh uh pigeon" ... as Bert from Sesame Street would say). I love the stretching, but I'm no good at the balancing -- I have no balance. I think that I'm going to set up the spare television in that weird room off the deck in the house to do yoga through the week to see if I can get better at the balancing. The only yoga tape I have is abs yoga, but I'll start working with that and see how I do.

Other April brought purses back from Chinatown and I got a small tan and brown Coach and a large black Prada. I'm so excited about the Prada one -- it's really nice. The insides don't look like a real one, but who but me sees the inside? The Coach wasn't really that well-made, but it's good in a pinch when I need a brown one for the club or something.

Saturday night the girls and I had a sleepover at Stacy's house -- the first sleepover I've been to since high school (well, besides sleeping over at boys' houses or them sleeping over mine ...). We had such an awesome time! Other April and I brought booze and board games, Suzanne brought mixers and penis straws, penis stirs and margarita glasses that had our names and "Girl's Night 2006" on them, and Stacy provided the venue and the food. It was so fabulous! We drank like crazy and stayed up until 5am, and talked about boys and sex and everything else you're supposed to talk about at a sleepover (all those secrets you end up revealing that aren't allowed to leave the party). There were suggestive pictures taken with the penis straws and everything :)

Sunday I took Other April home and then Christen and I went to the driving range for a few hours -- I realized I'm not as terrible at golf as I thought I would be. It was a lot of fun; I'll definitely be going back. I have a set of left-handed golf clubs that my dad gave me, and I'm only missing a club or two (I know I'm missing a 1 iron; that might be it). We hit about 350 balls between the two of us -- I hurt my middle finger from swinging -- and whiffing -- and it still hurts a little bit. We went to his parents' house for a little bit after that and I discussed this wedding that we are going to at the end of April with his mom. We've decided that since it's a spring wedding on a Saturday afternoon that it was acceptable for me to wear one of my cute little sundresses, which makes me happy because that means I don't have to go out and get another new dress. All my other dresses are black and pretty fancy. Maybe I can get Christen a lighter color dress shirt, like a light green, so I won't be the only less dressy person. My sundresses are way cute though. I have a blue striped one from the Loft (I love that store) and a white one with little flowers that I got at a great sale at Macy's. As a matter of fact, if it would warm up I would wear them to work -- it's 60 degrees all of a sudden! What happened the high 70s/low 80s of last month????

Last night we decided to hit Mama's pizza for dinner. They have the best breadsticks anywhere -- a little bit of heaven in your mouth. I only had one piece of pizza and a few breadsticks, but it definitely was worth it to go -- so yummy :) Saturday we hit a little seafood restaurant on Clearwater beach called Frenchy's for lunch, and I will tell you they had the best she crab soup I have ever had. Ever. And I get she crab soup anytime I see it on the menu, so I can say I'm a bit of a connoisseur. It had a lot of crab instead of just a little lump on top, and it was smooth and creamy with the sherry and a little kick of cayenne pepper or something. Way tasty.

4 comments:

L said...

I lurv Frency's and their she crab soup! Yummy! I am jealous that you got to have a sleepover... haven't had one in years

Mr Anigans said...

you know, now that the girl has moved out of our house. it's gonna be difficult explaining the penis straws....

Ryon said...

Hi. Just wanted to say hi and sorry I have not commented in a while. Hope all is well. Oh, and penis straws? Say, huh?

NPR Junky said...

Darling, you lead such an exciting life! I love living vicariously through you!