8.15.2005

I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it ...

But already I digress. I wanted to post yesterday but I didn't feel like answering those dern questions and I thought I should probably do that before I posted so I didn't feel like a lazy bum. So I have (go on, go see what kind of Jello I want to wrestle you in) and now I can post about my great weekend.
So unfortunately I don't have any fabulous pictures because the only pictures I have really blow (I took 5 pictures the whole time) so instead I'll have to regale you with tales (that won't be near as exciting to you as they are to me). Friday I picked my sister up from school and we drove down to Punta Gorda in time for dinner at Golden Corral with the rest of the geocaching groupies. Jamie had many plates of dessert and I talked to several people that I only seem to get to talk to at these events when I met a couple guys from my area that I seemed to have tons in common with. So when we went night caching with the whole group, or GeoCaravaning, as it was, Jamie and I rode with the boys and had a blast. Then Saturday we went to the main event, the Survivor's Event (on the anniversary of Hurricane Charley) where there were water games and a playground and kids for Jamie to play with and waterguns for all the children to turn on me with and caches to find and prizes to win! I won biodegradable toiletpaper and bug spray and a rain poncho. Woohoo for me!
But really the best part for me was the people. I didn't know I'd have such a good time. I can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

Ryon said...

I miss the Golden Corral. *sigh*

aprilbapryll said...

What's to miss? The people watching? Them's some interestin' people, that's for sure.
The food's not too bad, but so overpriced for what it is! $9.49 for an adult plus $1.69 for a drink? It's only 6 bucks down at the Chinese buffet ....