12.19.2006

another cold day in paradise

Ugh. I woke up this morning freezing, and it was evidently only 65 degrees. On any other day, I wouldn't have been that cold, but I fell asleep at the wrong end of the bed last night and only had a small corner of a sheet while my other half snuggled up in the comforter at the other end. I shivered around until I found my clothes and started getting ready for the day.

I had a very odd dream last night. I dreamt that my ex and I were still together, and we had two small children - girls, as it were. We were very unhappy, and he had taken to bringing friends over at all hours of the night. Presumably, these are the friends that he has now, because I only knew a couple. Then he started taking up with a girl named Jessica (there are connotations there, but that's its own story) who looked suspiciously like his last girlfriend. So I was taking care of the girls and yelling at him to keep his friends and his girlfriend out of my house, blah blah blah. I take this just to be a "what if" dream. What if we had stayed together even though we were both unhappy, and what if we still evolved into the people we are now while still together ... we were so miserable. The dream was so miserable.

No comments: