1.15.2007

On the menu.

What I should have done this weekend was relax. Of course, I don't often relax, and as such I've come back to work just as tired as I left. At least I had a good time, right?

On the way home Friday I decided that Christen and I needed a nice night at home. I stopped at Total Wine to get a couple bottles; I stopped at the grocery to get a nice steak and asparagus and fresh bread. We had steak, asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce, and bread with Italian dipping seasonings. It was fantastic, if I do say so myself. We had a nice zinfandel with it, and a Bordeaux for afterward, and sat out by the fire pit and reminiscenced about our camping trips and talked about what we wanted from the honeymoon. Such a nice night.

Saturday we didn't do much of anything during the day -- hung around the house and did a little shopping. Really I felt icky and kept taking it out on him -- I know, I know. I tried to stop but sometimes the word vomit just gets the best of me. So we went home and took showers and tried again. We met Acie and Tom for dinner and met a couple of their friends, and then went minigolfing with them. A much better end to the day, for sure. Christen won (he was only 1 above par) and I came in second. Love it! It was a grand time.

Sunday we went to Stacy's for a BBQ, and took Lola. She wasn't very polite and kept starting fights with Stacy's beau's dog, but they mostly had fun. We had a blast, and the food was excellent. Afterward I greatly wanted to go home and go to sleep, but for some reason I was up until midnight. Lola had the right idea; she plopped down on the living room floor as soon as we got home and was still there sleeping when we went to bed.

All in all, a great weekend, but one of these days I swear I'm going to get to sleep. I evidently am incapable of sleeping in, so maybe I'll try to go to bed early? Shocker :)

No comments: