4.26.2005

I feel like a spinning top or a dreidel ...

So life has been a little strenuous as of late. Not really that I'm complaining, but ... I haven't read a single book since last Wednesday! That's saying something. I've been carrying around Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell and I've read 20 pages or so, but most of the time it's sitting on my desk at work or on the table at home waiting for me, patiently. It's such a good friend for that. Sarah knows I'm busy, but she's so accommodating. I love her.

The managing editor for the mag I work for quit last week so I've been doing the majority of the posting for next month's issue (which comes out on Sunday) and I still have to write an article on bookcrossing meets geocaching (going to try to do it tonight after the meeting) and copy edit four more things so the new managing editor can post those (bless her heart) and fix all the links on the articles I've already posted and figure out how to post the pictures to those articles ...

So I'm sitting down to post here first, lazing about with a glass of Cab Sauv and the rain falling outside, typing on our brand new laptop and watching the beginning of Law & Order: SVU. I'll get to all the other work, eventually. I just really need a few minutes to sit and do nothing. Ya got me?

No comments: