4.04.2005

the true test.

I nearly wrote this post this morning on paper solely for the purpose of keeping myself awake. The spring time change always messes with me internally. Sunday we were happy we got out of bed and moving at a decent hour until we realized it was actually near noon. House hunting went surprisingly well, and we found about six houses that looked promising, especially a couple in Town & Country (an area of Tampa). I'll let you know how it goes. For dinner I did fajitas with all the fixings and chocolate peanut butter fondue for dessert. Yum! It was awfully tasty. We bought this wine, I don't know if you've tried it -- Jest Red. It was okay, tasted a bit like sangria without the fruit. I think I might mix the rest with orange slices to finish it off. I haven't found a whole lot of wines I like enough to buy a whole bottle of it more than once. I like mid-sweet whites and sweeter reds ... like reisling and pinot grigio. I like crisp aftertastes (I like Chateau St. Michelle? reisling) with a less bitter bite.

And last night was the first time I got to use my new bowling ball, and I tore it up!

178!

That's right, I bested my best score at 178 last night (previous best score 164), other scores 132, 119, 121, 142. My average was way better than usual. Hurrah! It was worth it to buy the ball! Christen got a new ball too, and he did pretty good; his was urathane so he took longer getting used to it, but I think he won a game. I only won that top game, but overall I won for the night, and the Kyle/April team won too. Yay!

So being so tired this morning I took a nap in my car during lunch instead of eating. I needed it more. I may go to bed early -- Christen actually fell asleep next to me and is snoring over the television (though I'm only watching VH1's The 40 Hottest Rock Star Girlfriends and Wives so it doesn't matter too much. Tomorrow at work is the true test: We have a "sit-with" other adjusters while we learn how to really do the job. I'm nervous. We'll see how it goes then!

No comments: