7.17.2006

A Blogging we will go, hi ho the derry oh ...

My system at work decided to freeze momentarily, so I thought I would take these few minutes to let you know I'm not dead. That's always a good thing, right? I have been sick, though with stress or sinus I know not. It's most likely a combination of the two. The problem is, I call out because I feel like crap, and then I feel worse for calling out so I can't even have a decent day, and when it's time to go back to work I still have to drag myself there because I don't want to go back -- it just makes things that much harder. It's also hard that Christen's home and I'm here working, even though he has to do it all the time, going into work when I'm home. He's off today, probably playing his LOTR strategy game that I got him for his birthday. Scratch that, my mom got it for him. He really seems to like it -- score! Except that he's playing instead of going to bed when I go to bed :( But that's okay. I'll put up with it, because I know that it'll only go on for a week or two and then he'll stop playing for a month and then go back to it for a little bit. This is his habit.
I went on Thursday to see The Devil Wears Prada, which I have to say was rather good. I didn't like the book much, and I thought that the movie did a much better job of putting things together without being so name-droppy and with having deeper characters.
Wednesday and Friday I called off from work, not feeling so good and needing some time to regroup. Friday when I finally rolled out of bed, Christen and I looked at some reception sites for the wedding and looked at wedding bands (I'm really getting into that ... hehe) and then Shea and Teddy Bear came over for beer and chinese food.
Saturday I was by myself all day, so I mostly watched tv and hung out with Lola all day, taking some time out to buy books at Barnes & Noble (woohoo! Saturday by Ian McEwan, Home at the End of the World by Michael Cunningham, and A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews), groceries, fresh flowers for the dining room and Superman Cap'n Crunch (I'm addicted -- I eat it for dinner). I took my sister and Lola to the beach in late afternoon and it was so much fun -- we let her off the leash and let her play with the other dogs in the area. She was surprisingly good, not wandering off too often. Dinner at my mom's house and then we came home.
Sunday was one of those days where I woke up feeling like not doing anything, so I laid around and did exactly that. Later on I bought some clippers and cut Lola's hair, and it doesn't look too bad at all. It was just getting a little out of hand, and the summer heat and her black fur was all a little much. I was going to bike ride with my sister, but she called in the middle of clipping the hair and I had to decline (really, there was hair everywhere) but we should go sometime this week. Sunday I also checked the mail for the first time in a few days, and had gobs of it -- I detest checking the mail. Anyone I've lived with will tell you that it will go weeks without being checked if I'm the only one to do it. The problem is, I'm almost always the one stuck checking the mail. I regularly get notes on my front door from my mail lady telling me if I don't go out and grab the mail that she's going to start sending it back. :) Whoops!
Anyhow, system back online and I get to go home soon, so I'll post this when I get there! :) Toodles!

No comments: