2.23.2005

NPR and insurance claims.

I've become quite addicted to WUSF, which is our local NPR station. But why does every reporter have to sound exactly the same -- like Alan Alda?

They all have the exact same rise and fall of their voices ... like they're all reading off the same cue card.

But

In

Other

News:

I have gotten another job. At least, I think I have. I go in for a formal interview tomorrow and I'm nervous as heck, but the woman on the phone was very positive, and if I don't completely mess up I'll be starting Monday. It's a Mon-Fri 8-5 job making six grand more a year, and it's something completely new, so I'll be learning again, which is one of the main problems I have with my current job. I'm not learning anything. I'd love to edit for a career, and maybe in the future I'll be able to, but I think I'm going to jump straight into the water.

And, if I hit the bottom my manager will take me back. I'm not about to burn any bridges.

No comments: