so here are the answers from last week's music quotes. have fun!
1. Take another chance to find a distant sanity and turn your pain in truth. Take another chance to fight a different enemy and try to free it. lacuna coil -- daylight dancer. lacuna coil started the girl singer/death metal background before evanescence ever thought about it. and she's sexy and has a fantastic voice. i've seen them at the mascarade in atlanta and the one in tampa.
2. I've been uptight and made a mess, but I'll clean it up myself, I guess. Oh, the sweet smell of success. traveling wilburys -- handle with care. good stuff.
3.I saw my baby, crying hard as babe could cry -- what could I do? My baby's love had gone and left my baby blue ... nobody knew ... david bowie -- magic dance. labrynth, people!
4.I can't hear what you're saying, what you're doing to me. Can't you see it would take the jaws of life to pry open your words. dishwalla -- charlie brown's parents. great song off the same album as that blue car song.
5.Late of Pablo Fanques Fair-what a scene Over men and horses hoops and garters
Lastly through a hogshead of real fire! the beatles -- for the benefit of mr. kite
6.Come on baby, now throw me a right to the chin. Don't you stare like you never cared; I know you did You just smiled like a bank teller telling me bleakly, "have a nice life." vegasgustan was right on this one -- ben folds all the way. i almost did zac and sara because i love that song so much too.
7.I'd steal somebody's Cadillac; I'd steal anything I lack. I'd steal all the microphones from all the masters of ceremony ... TMBG -- if i wasn't shy. tmbg is my all-time favorite band. ever. seen 7 times, including driving to asheville in october to see them.
8.I don't want the world, I just want your half. TMBG -- ana ng. great song; this is also my signature on my email.
9.And now I'm all alone, nowhere to go, no one to turn to. Without a home, without a friend, without a face to say hello to. And now the night is here and I can make believe he's here. glomgold's right -- it's from les mis. the song is "on my own," and i sing it all the time. :D
10. She'll never know just how I feel. From out of the shadows she walks like a dream, makes me feel crazy, makes me feel so mean. on the dark side, from eddie and the cruisers. great movie.
11. And all them pin-up girls in that tinsel world never touched me like she can. It took another man's wife in the real world life to make this boy a man. harry chapin -- i wanna learn a love song. how can you go wrong with harry chapin?
12. There was not much more for us to talk about, whatever we had once was gone. So I turned my cab into the driveway, past the gate and the fine trimmed lawns. And she said we must get together, But I knew it'd never be arranged. again, harry chapin -- taxi, this time. good stuff.
13. And every city the whole world 'round will just be another American town.
Oh, how peaceful it will be; we'll set everybody free. randy newman -- political science, off the blast from the past soundtrack. fun song.
14. 'cause we've got plenty of time to grow old and die But when at last your beauty's faded, you'll be glad that I have waited for you. VG right again -- barenaked ladies. seen in orlando years ago; great show.
15. April brings me tiny yellow flowers from the yard; she carries them with her tiny fingers wrapped around each one. She laughs when she picks a white one; she tries to blow away the seeds and then she smiles as she hands me one. this was sorta a trick one -- the song is april and me, by three crosses. i saw them at a christian retreat at lenor rhyne college in '98, and though i'm not into the music anymore i love the song because it's got my name in it.
16. Oh for sure he's always missing, and something is never quite right. Ah, but who would want to listen to you kissing his existence good night. walking man, by james taylor. one of my very favorite songs.
17. So don't lay a fucking finger on her. she's mine and I still want her. If you put your hands upon her you're a goner. kick some ass, by stroke 9. this is on the jay and silent bob strike back soundtrack, and it's really a great song.
18. You want me to think that I'm being used, you want her to think it's over
You can't see it doesn't matter what you do. Buddy, you don't even know her. mike willis is right here. tom petty, all the way. saw him in concert in '99 or 2000. so close i could see the blue of his eyes. sexy as hell.
19. And then she did it ... she stripped me half naked. And told me that her body was sacred. She said I could take it if I danced with her but somehow I knew that she was an Indian giver. bedroom dancing, by day one, off the cruel intentions soundtrack. these are my favorite lyrics from the song.
20. Like the naked leads the blind, I know I'm selfish; I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find, someone to bruise and leave behind.
All alone in space and time, there's nothing here but what here's mine. also on the cruel intentions soundtrack, this is every you, every me by placebo.
21. The farmer digs a hole and fills it in with boiling oil, hoping to make a dress and from the ground to make it well orangeworker, by for squirrels -- who broke up after an car accident in gainsville killed 3 of their band members
22. The night is beckoning although I have nowhere to go but home.
Feels good to be alone With every turn comes a new frame of mind if I could frame my mind. Where would it hang? eve 6 -- open road song. when i had my maverick, this song would make me drive 110 mph.
23. Go away then, damn you, Go on and do as you please, You ain't gonna see me gettin' down on my knees. I'm undecided, and your heart's been divided, you've been turning my world upside down. mike's right on this one too. i love james taylor.
24. I have searched both far and wide And I've explored the deepest caverns of my mind. To try and find an explanation why I get this funny feeling deep inside. When I think about my life I wanna kiss myself good-bye. sugarhigh, by coyote shivers -- off empire records.
25. They travel in the time of the prophets, on a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone We're only at home when we're on the run. dreamline, by rush. ahhh, good song.
26. Then the Captain made a pass at the Swiss Miss Girl Tryin' to show her his affection. She screamed for help And when she did ... Mr. Clean came to her protection. trials and tribulations, by the dude of life and phish. funny funny song. who comes up with these things?
27. Bash in my brain, and make me scream with pain, Then kick me once again,
And say we'll never part. I know too well I'm underneath your spell, So, darling, if you smell something burning, it's my heart. Excuse me! masocism tango, by tom lehrer. we've all heard me rave about tom lehrer.
28. With regard to my newborn arachnid kids, there's something we must discuss: perhaps we should sit them down and explain how not to be saved. Perhaps you could help me to demonstrate how your center can keep up its sickening spin. okgo -- hello, treacherous friends. seen twice as the opening band for tmbg. the only opening band that i really liked (frank black sucks in concert, but cornmo' was okay)
29. I'm glad that I'm the one who found you That's why I'm always hangin' around you . 'deed i do as sung by lena horne. beautiful song. i have it on "great ladies of jazz"
30. Don't mind telling you, in my humble fash That you thrill me through, with a tender pash, When you said you care, 'magine my emoshe I swore then and there, permanent devoshe, You made all other men seem blah. 's wonderful, also on the great ladies of jazz album.
31.Sunshine, daydream, walking in the tall trees, going where the wind goes. Blooming like a red rose, breathing more freely, Ride our singin', I'll walk you in the morning sunshine. sugar magnolias, grateful dead. seen april 7, 1995. the same year they tore down tampa stadium and jerry died. this was the song that my best friend (and mother of my goddaughter) went around singing. our hippie names were "daisy" and "rainbow," respectively.